Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pins & Itinerary!

Hello all! 

Since my last post I have managed to make 150 pins using ribbon, glue, safety pins, and plastic red, white, and blue stars. I think they turned out pretty well (apart from my lousy cut job on most of the ends, haha) : 
I also have about 30 pins that I got from my district back at the March orientation, so in total I'll have about 180 pins to bring with me, which I'm hoping will be enough (I think it will; there are only about 150 other exchange students in Ecuador)! 

Also, I just got my itinerary today! I will be departing from the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW) at 9:35 a.m. on August 22 and arriving at the José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport in Guayaquil (GYE) on August 22 at 10:20 p.m! Here is my itinerary:

Depart from Detroit at 9:35 a.m --> Arrive in Chicago at 9:50 a.m.
Depart from Chicago at 12:20 p.m. --> Arrive in Miami at 4:35 p.m.
Depart from Miami at 7:05 p.m. --> ARRIVE IN GUAYAQUIL AT 10:20 p.m!

It looks like it will be a long day of traveling (with little to no sleep the night before, of course) but I'm excited! I probably won't end up at my host family's house until at least a few hours after I arrive, because it will take a while to drive from Guayaquil also. :) 

Even though I don't think I will have anything specific to post about before I leave (which, by the way, is in 23 days!!!) I'm sure I'll post again about my excitement when it gets a little closer to my departure!

Until next time,

Stephanie

P.S. I just realized that there are an insane amount of exclamation points in this post due to my excitement, so please try to just read around them. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your ribbons look awesome.

    Things are coming together. Three weeks will be here and gone quickly. I know it probably doesn't seem that way to you but you will be in the air before you know it.

    We will probably talk to you before you leave but as always, you know that we love you very much and wish you safe travels. We look forward to reading your blogs and Facebook posts to see all of the things that you are doing.

    Thanks for the update. You deserve to be happy and excited so keep using those exclamation points. :)

    Love you very much
    Aunt Kay and Aunt Carie

    ReplyDelete